- Introduce versioning in Digest::Base API, and prefix C
constants with RUBY_ and C type names with rb_ to avoid name
clash in writing extensions.
- Introduce Digest::Class and Digest::Instance for ease of
implementing subclasses and add-ons.
- Digest::Instance module requires and assumes that any instance
be resettable and clonable. An instance method #new() is
added so digest instances work just like digest classes.
- The constructor does no longer take an initial string to feed;
digest() and hexdigest() now do, instead. This allows digest
classes to take their own hashing parameters.
- Make some changes to digest() and hexdigest() class methods,
which now take extra arguments, which are passed through to
the constructor in an internal call.
- Add #digest_length/size/length() and #block_length(),
- Add the Digest::SHA2 class to wrap up SHA2 variants: SHA256,
SHA384 and SHA512, hoping this module would make a decent
example of a digest subclass written in Ruby.
- Rip BubbleBabble support out of the base class and have a
separate module named digest/bubblebabble.
- Remove RD documents in favor of newly written and embedded
git-svn-id: svn+ssh://ci.ruby-lang.org/ruby/branches/ruby_1_8@11223 b2dd03c8-39d4-4d8f-98ff-823fe69b080e