|author||Jeremy Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2019-11-27 15:13:35 -0800|
|committer||Jeremy Evans <email@example.com>||2019-11-27 15:13:35 -0800|
Update documentation for ruby2_keywords [ci skip]
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/vm_method.c b/vm_method.c
index 5637251192..9b34ce17ae 100644
@@ -1769,7 +1769,7 @@ rb_mod_private(int argc, VALUE *argv, VALUE module)
* a keyword splat. It marks the method such that if the method is called
* with keyword arguments, the final hash argument is marked with a special
* flag such that if it is the final element of a normal argument splat to
- * another method call, and that method calls does not include explicit
+ * another method call, and that method call does not include explicit
* keywords or a keyword splat, the final element is interpreted as keywords.
* In other words, keywords will be passed through the method to other
@@ -1779,8 +1779,10 @@ rb_mod_private(int argc, VALUE *argv, VALUE module)
* This method will probably be removed at some point, as it exists only
- * for backwards compatibility, so always check that the module responds
- * to this method before calling it.
+ * for backwards compatibility. As it does not exist in Ruby versions
+ * before 2.7, check that the module responds to this method before calling
+ * it. Also, be aware that if this method is removed, the behavior of the
+ * method will change so that it does not pass through keywords.
* module Mod
* def foo(meth, *args, &block)